Friday, May 1st & Saturday, May 2nd, 2015
Hilton Hotel - 1800 Wellington Ave. Winnipeg MB, R3H 1B2
Pre-Conference: Wednesday, April 29th and Thursday April 30th, 2015 will be held at the University of Manitoba
EMPAC 2015 Highlights
The theme for this year's conference is "Patient Safety"
- Keynote speaker: Dr. JN Armstrong (Chief Medical Officer of STARS and Associate Professor of Anesthesia, University of Calgary) is both a pilot and a physician, and so has a unique perspective on safety from the perspective of both the aviation industry and the medical profession. He will deliver a plenary session on Patient Safety Lessons from the Aviation Industry, and will also lead a small group workshop.
- Trauma Topics: Pitfalls in Transfer of the Trauma Patient and The Danger of the Trauma Triad
- NEW Dental Blocks & Facial Anesthesia Skills Lab
- NEW Ultrasound-Guided Nerve Blocks
- Updates on toxicology, airway management pearls, psychiatric emergencies, pediatrics and more
- "Antibiotic Stewardship" presented by Dr. George Zhanel (Director of the Canadian Antimicrobial Resistance Alliance)
- Hands-on Skills Sessions: Airway Adjuncts, Chest Tubes, Joint Aspiration, Dental Blocks & Facial Anesthesia, Pacemaker Insertion and more!
- Pre-conference Workshops: Ultrasound-Guided Central Line Insertion, Procedural Sedation, Simulation Modules, ACLS
- New this year - the SIM BUS! The STARS Mobile Simulation Education Vehicle will be on site at the event, with opportunities for small groups to participate in sim-based resuscitation cases.
EMPAC 2015 brochure