Consent, Capacity and Refusal of Care - Pretest
1) What are the elements of an informed consent?
2) What are the potential legal consequences of proceeding with an investigation or intervention without a patient's consent?
3) What is the bioethical principle that serves as the foundation for the concept of informed consent?
4) What are the elements of decision-making capacity?
5) How do you decide which risks to discuss with a patient when obtaining informed consent?
6) What factors must be present for a physician to proceed with treatment under the emergency exception to consent?
7) At what age is a paediatric patient allowed to make a medical treatment decision for themselves?